Skip to content
- Rain and wind carry leaves and other pollutants into the storm drain.
- Most of our storm drains empty directly into Minnehaha Creek or Lake Harriet; a few drain directly to the Mississippi River.
- Leaves and grass clippings contain phosphorus.
- Phosphorus is the main pollutant stimulating the growth of algae in the lakes and creek.
- It is a violation of City ordinances to rake leaves into the street.
- We are all part of the solution to preserving water quality.
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: