The weather is close to perfect, and it is a fabulous time of the year. Get outside and enjoy our magnificent planet.
Our earth’s water, air, birds, bees and butterflies need better care, and extreme weather has become the norm. I wish our earth was healthier, and hopefully on this special day we can make a new commitment to do more to help her.
Six easy things you can do to love our earth:
1. Everyday appreciate our beautiful earth.
2. Recycle, recycle, and recycle some more, and remember to recycle those plastic bags–Many stores collect them. We should recycle 74 % of our trash according to the EPA.
3. Ask when you purchase plants if they have been treated with neonicotinoids (imidacloprid, clothianidin, thiamethoxam, acetamiprid, dinotefuran) and never apply these chemicals to your yard. Some bird seed is also treated with these poisons-ASK and read labels!
4. Add native trees and plants to your landscape. http://findnativeplants.com/
5. Purchase quality products, and products that can be reused. Also, look for products made from recycled materials. EcoFact If the entire world lived like the average American, we’d need 5 planets to provide enough resources.
6. Leave your car at home one day a week, and turn off lights when not in use.