October is a marvelous time of the year, but it is also a stressful time with school starting, the days getting shorter, and the temperatures getting colder. For those of us that live in the United States it is exceptionally stressful with the election. Two articles about happiness stimulated my thinking today. What can we all do to relieve some stress and just be happier? Getting outside for a walk always makes me happier, as long as I can find a quiet outside place. Turn off the TV, get outside and I wish you an AWE day.
Maybe some of these suggestions will increase your happiness:
- Go outside and observe. It is a beautiful time of the year
- Be mindful and grateful for the people and good things you have.
- Drop all your devices and do something you love.
- And from Parade.com: Take an AWE WALK in your neighborhood, noticing things as if for the first time.
- Finally, maybe lower your expectations , and take a deep breath.