September 21 is the International Day of Peace
“As long as we have humanity, we have hope!” Amanda Gorman
Peace for Ukraine
Last night I had the strangest dream, I dreamed the world had put an end to war!
2022 Peace Day Theme:
End Racism. Build Peace.
We all have a role to play in fostering peace. Tackling racism is a crucial way to contribute to this effort.
I’m calling on Valdimir Putin to end this awful war in Ukraine. This is an unjust attack on innocent people. I traveled to Ukraine about ten years ago. The people were charming and worked so hard to help and communicate with us. We loved the beautiful country and people. This is an unjust war and Putin needs to be held accountable.
In the past month I have read three books about immigrants. The dangerous journeys they take to escape violence are incredible. It is amazing they survive and they should be treated with kindness and understanding by all of us that have been lucky to live a life of freedom and safety.
Kindness makes a difference!
- Ukrainian troops took the city of Izium in the country’s east from Russian forces, and made more gains in other regions, the military said.
- The seizure was the latest triumph in a Ukrainian advance that has reshaped the war in just days.
- Here’s where Russian forces are retreating in northeastern Ukraine.
- Once-vocal supporters of Russia’s invasion criticized President Vladimir Putin over the retreat.
- Bridge building has become a crucial, if low-tech, tool for both sides in the war.