This is a collection of hopeful stories I have read the past week.
I love the hopeful stories of this past week. These are stories that give an exciting projection of what the world is going to be like in the future. This is my occasional series on hopeful good news stories happening throughout the world.
1. Cedar Rapids, Iowa is planting 1,000 acres of native prairie to create bee/butterfly/bird/wildlife habitat by planting native prairie plants. 99.99% of Iowa’s native habitat is gone. Information at Iowa Let’s hope other communities will do the same!
2. IKEA has created growrooms which are large, multi-tiered spherical gardens that are designed to sustainably grow enough food to feed a neighborhood.
3. India: This one is beyond my understanding: Scientists in India have captured carbon and are turning it into baking soda. Read about it at India
4. Indonesia: Indonesia, a nation of many islands, has strong goals to cut plastic use. Read about it here.
5. Texas: “I never thought that wind would pay more than oil,” said a Texas landowner. Wind power is paying ranchers more money for wind than oil. Read about it at Texas.
6. Hope for the Paris Climate Agreement. Ivanka Trump and her husband seem to support the historic climate deal.
7. Copenhagen now has more bikes than cars which is no surprise if you visit this biking city. Their bikes lanes are as wide as car lanes. See video bikes in Copenhagen