A Climatarian diet involves choosing what you eat based on the carbon footprint of the food, and using your power as a consumer to drive down the production of beef and lamb which have the biggest impact on our climate. A climatarian is about eating local food to reduce transportation and reducing food waste.
My easy suggestions on being a Climatarian:
- Walk or take the bus to purchase groceries.
- Participate in Meatless Monday, and go meatless other days, also!
- Eliminate beef and reduce cheese consumption.
- Work to reduce all food waste and compost any food waste you have.
- Choose minimal packaging, and recycle as much as possible.
- Use real dishes, and reuse jars and products.
- I love “clean out” the refrigerator stir fry and ideas from Tom Colicchio
- Thoughts from Huffington Post
- Shop food co-ops and eat locally grown foods, and grow and preserve your own food.