This is my occasional series on good news stories, I hope you learn something about the world and communities working together.
** Students of America stand up to their elected officials and the NRA. “We have the right to go to school without fearing for our lives!” Read at future leaders
** Across the Atlantic Ocean some awesome things are happening in regards to eliminating plastic. First, Queen Elizabeth declares war on single-use plastic at the palace and eating establishments that are part of the Monarchy. Also, a British supermarket eliminates plastic
** The marvelous country of Taiwan has set up a plan to eliminate single-use
plastic from their country. Read here
** A group is planning to plant over a billion trees in Trump’s Forest to counteract the negative environmental damage being done in the United States. Read at Trump Forest
** Below is from https://www.ecowatch.com/ about the positive things that have happened in renewable energy during 2017
- The cost to install solar has dropped by more than 70 percent since 2010 in the U.S.
- In fact, solar is on track to become the world’s cheapest source of power on an unsubsidized basis.
- With no fuel cost and lower operating and maintenance costs, solar and especially wind are outcompeting even the most efficient new gas plants in states like Texas.
- Renewable energy is creating jobs 12 times faster than the rest of the economy in the U.S.
- While solar accounted for only 1 percent of our power mix in 2016, it already employs more people than the entire coal industry.
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, solar installer is the fastest-growing occupation in the U.S., with wind technician coming in at a close second.
Other good news stories: https://health4earth.com/2018/01/29/our-world-is-moving-in-the-right-direction/