Please sign the petition below asking President Biden to help stop the plastic crisis facing the world.
Plastic will soon outweigh all the fish in the sea, and it’s in our drinking water and on our plates. Yet industry plans to increase plastic production by 40% over the next decade.
President Biden can, and must, act on plastic pollution. We must stop producing more plastic and transform our throwaway economy to a regenerative one.
We demand President Biden take bold actions on plastic pollution and be a #PlasticFreePresident.
550+ organizations recently launched a plan outlining eight actions President Biden can take without Congress to fight the plastic pollution crisis. President Biden must take all eight actions.
Can you join me and take action demanding President Biden act on plastics? Click here: https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/president-biden-be-a-plasticfreepresident?source=email&
Below are the eight important actions that need to be immediately taken:
- Use the purchasing power of the Federal government to eliminate single-use plastics and replace them with reusable products.
- Deny permits for new or expanded plastic production facilities associated with infrastructure projects.
- Make corporate polluters pay and reject false solutions.
- Advance environmental justice in petrochemical corridors.
- Update existing federal regulations to curtail pollution from plastics facilities by using the best available science and technology.
- Stop subsidizing plastic producers.
- Join international efforts to address the global plastic pollution crisis through new and strengthened multilateral agreements.
- Reduce and mitigate the impacts of discarded and lost fishing gear.